Thursday, March 17, 2016

New Finished Objects!


I recently finished a few large projects: an afghan and a table runner.

The table runner was made of laceweight cotton, and it was one of those slow, meditative projects. I designed it myself, specifically for this yarn. Very plain, the only decoration was a line of eyelet lace on either end:


But it looks pretty on our oak table, and I've been enjoying seeing it in our dining room this week. (Forgive my terrible photography! I promise it looks better IRL.)


The afghan was another project where I made up the pattern in order to fit the yarn: in this case, the yarn was passed on to me by someone who'd decided to go a different direction with her own project. I started crocheting it, and my daughter, Bess, asked, "Is that for me?"

And with that question asked, it was. :)



Now that it's done, Bess has taken to coming home and curling up straight away on the couch and burrowing under her cozy new blanket, which is just very gratifying to this crafter.


Of course, now the other three kids are sure they need one, too.

They all already have full-sized blankets that I've crocheted them, but those blankets were made of acrylic, and I admit that I love the idea of making them all wool afghans that are really, truly WARM. I think I just might ...


And that's how it goes: projects beget projects.  

I wouldn't have it any other way.


Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Much as books read lead to more books TBR by the author or on the same topic or or or... Mmmm.

Marcy said...

Much as books read lead to more books TBR by the author or on the same topic or or or... Mmmm.

Jessica Snell said...

Yes! That's it exactly! :D