Thursday, June 25, 2015

Recently-tried recipes (with short reviews!)


The constant dinner-making is more fun when I try new things. Here are a few I've tried lately:

-Southwestern Eggrolls: I liked this one - made it more than once - but the was a tiny bit too hard (too crispy?) on the outside, I think because it was baked rather than fried. Probably an okay trade-off for the calories. Still absolutely delicious.

-Fish Taco Bowls - simple, but good.

-Fruit Dip - this was really, really good. Not that you need an excuse to eat fresh fruit, but if you did, this would serve the purpose nicely.

-The Lazy Cheese and Egg Bread Bowl - this was so good!  I want to eat this every day.

-Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta - needed more garlic (and, weirdly, less butter).

-Red Lentil Soup  - good and basic. Not amazing, but just normal, real food.

-Zuppa Toscana - not nearly as good as I hoped it would be. But the broth was yummy.


Have you found any good new recipes lately?


Peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

1 comment:

jen said...

I may need to try the shrimp recipe!