Wednesday, October 26, 2011

a prayer for bill-paying day

Two things I asked of You,
Do not refuse me before I die:
Keep deception and lies far from me, 
Give me neither poverty nor riches;
Feed me with the food that is my portion, 
That I not be full and deny You and say, “Who is the LORD?” 
Or that I not be in want and steal, 
And profane the name of my God. - Proverbs 30:7-9

Grateful to have enough,
Jessica Snell

p.s. If anyone else is pondering money and the sufficiency or insufficiency thereof, may I recommend this post by Simcha Fisher? It sure helped me today.
p.p.s. I should note: we're fine. We're even blessed. (Really, truly, tangibly.) We're just a family of six living on one income in a high COL area and today it was throwing me for a loop, and I needed to go back to this passage of scripture in order to get my head on straight. I'm so grateful to have the Bible! God is good, all the time.

1 comment:

gen2revztruth said...

Praise the Lord for your attitude toward finances! Well done sister.
I pray He keeps you and your family protected and provided for. :)God Bless you.