Monday, January 31, 2011

recent crochet projects: some dishcloths . . . and a SNOOD!

It seems it takes cold weather for me to get interested in fiber arts again. It's a yearly cycle. Somehow, having a slowly-growing cuddly blanket growing under my fingers isn't that exciting when it's 100 degrees outside. But in the middle of the winter? Lovely! Goes well with the cup of steaming tea on the side-table.

I've got two blankets going now, but they're both scrapghans and slow-going.

But, here are a few projects I've finished recently. First, a set of dishcloths in my favorite pattern, as a Christmas gift for some friends:

Then, a snood, for me:

I'm particularly happy with the snood. I made it from a 1940's pattern, and stitched it over a headband hotglued to elastic (the elastic goes under my hair, the headband on top) on the final round.

It holds all of my hair and . . . it's the easiest hair-do ever. No pins, no muss, no fuss. Just put it on, and my hair's done for the day. Lovely!

And it sparkles. :)

Anyone else on a winter fiber kick? (Besides momco3. :) )

Peace of Christ to you,

Jessica Snell

5 comments:

lasselanta said...

The snood is AMAZING. What size thread did you use?

loves2spin said...

How lovely!

Jessica Snell said...

Thanks, Sharon! I actually used a Vanna's Choice yarn. It's a light (sport-weight?) yarn. You can find it at Michael's, if you like it. I am thinking of doing one actually using crochet thread next.

MomCO3 said...

Wow! When I first saw "snood" I thought it was that thing the guy makes in the Lorax out of the Tuffula trees... now that word escapes me. But I think I DO need a snood!

Katie K said...

I love the texture of the dishcloths and the "stripeyness" of the one on top is way fun.
That snood is awesome. Great work!