Wednesday, December 31, 2008

the domestic monastery

I am so very grateful to Jen for posting the link to http://www.lifeissues.net/writers/ron/ron_14domesticmonastery.htmltoday.

The reason I have not been blogging recently are just as this author states,

For example, the mother who stays home with small children experiences a very real withdrawal from the world. Her existence is definitely monastic. Her tasks and preoccupations remove her from the centres of power and social importance.

Sometimes it even removes you from the edges of power and social importance - sometimes it even removes you from so small a social connection as the blogging world. I have missed blogging. But the (eight!) small hands tugging at my sleeves have been insistant during the past two weeks, moreso even than usual. I have wondered and wondered what it is the Lord was doing with me. I knew he was doing something, because he always is working for our good, and I trust him.

This article explains what it is. I am very grateful to have the words now to describe my daily experience: he is teaching me that my time is his time. I am glad to know - not just in my head, but in my hands - that that is so.

Again, Jen, much thanks.

peace of Christ to you,
Jessica Snell

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Glad you liked it!

(As you can tell, I'm a few weeks behind on reading your blog and just now catching up.) :)